Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seven racing in 2014

Pendennis

If you wish to compete in Seven only races next year and not eligible for the CC championship, your be well aware the options are limited. In fact I don't think there are options, but there is now. The BARC SE in conjunction with HQ are running some Sevensque/Kit Car races as a 'taster series' on their well supported race days. Following dates are provisional April 5th Rockingham, 2 x 20 minute races June 21st Lydden, 2 x 15 minutes races July 26 or 27 Brands Hatch, 2 x 15 minutes races August 24th Donington, 2 x 20 minutes races September 20th Thruxton, 2 x 20 minutes races. October 4th Lydden, 2 X 20 minute races. If feedback and entries prove positive they may attempt to find space for more, but subject to availability of course. Each race meeting will have the usual qualifying/practice. Starts can be standing or rolling but consensus to date was for standing. Cost of these events is not yet finalised but expect them to be somewhere between £230.00 - £350.00. Proposal initially is for 5 classes, all based upon power to weight. Tyres to be list 1a or 1b, forced induction permitted and the races are for any front engined rear wheel drive Sevensque kit car such as Caterhams, Westfields, Tigers, Sylva's, Dax..... but no Radicals etc. There are more basic regulations, but all in accordance with the MSA. If you would like to know more and get involved your very welcome to ask or you could email me at durabang@sky.com Ian Edited by - Pendennis on 6 Feb 2014 10:58:42

Hi James, the mag 7s run one 40 minute race with a pit stop, these BARC races will be 2 no. 20 minute races, so no not really the same.

Also, classes would be based upon power to weight which obviously would need clarification, but I stress the theory is for gentleman, safe, fun racing that is economical and will appeal to many.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by - Pendennis on 6 Dec 2013 12:25:35

the mag 7s run one 40 minute race with a pit stop, these BARC races will be 2 no. 20 minute races, so no not really the same
I've heard on the grapevine (but don't know for a fact) that the mag7's are perhaps going over to 2 x 20mins for 2014, rather than 40mins inc a pitstop.

Does anyone know whether this is true or not?

Edited by - skydragon on 6 Dec 2013 13:00:15

• 2 weeks later...

Update below.

To race with the BARC you need to join the club @ £50.00. It appears most will be on the BARC HQ race days which is exciting news.

Regs

1. Dry tyres list 1a or 1b. (no slicks)

2. Wet tyres list 1a or 1b.

3. Gearbox is free. However, paddle shift in conjunction with sequential, entrant must move up a class.

4. Aero devices permitted as long as they meet MSA road going class guidelines.

5. Brake lights mandatory.

6. Car does NOT have to be able to pass an MOT.

7. Forced induction is permitted.

8. Classes determined by Power to weight. Note, weight means car with driver and 5 litres of fuel. Cars would be weighed at some point. Power at flywheel would need clarification by form of dyno or rolling road plot. Initially entrant to declare figures but these maybe checked during the year.

Classes

Class 1. up to 255bhp per tonne

Class 2. 256 to 325

Class 3. 326 to 385

Class 4. 385 to 435

Class 5. 436 upwards

Ballast is not allowed.

Edited by - Pendennis on 6 Feb 2014 11:02:16

Certainly sounds interesting. I'm thinking of getting my non standard SLR back on track in 2014. I did a few races in 2011' a couple in 2012, nothing in 2013.... The car looks sorry for itself sitting in my garage.

My tendency is to do a small handful of races, especially those closer to home. That makes me a less helpful player in terms of not wanting to do a full series. Brands and Thruxton good. Donny a schlep but a nice track.

I've not looked at Mag7s yet to see what they're up to. I race with a friend so rather like two drive races (same driving time, less queueing!)

I will keep an eye on this - thanks for the heads up.

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Due to the encouraging response to date, the BARC HQ had decided to register these races as a championship for this year. As a result I can confirm they have received approval from the MSA for a 2014 Sevensque race championship series, more details to follow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Come and join in at Lydden Hill on Saturday 21st June its the BARC Festival.

Apart from the usual qualifying/practice us Sevens have two 15 minute races all for £230.00. Its quite a card being put up by the BARC, there will be Tin tops, Intermarques, Hot rods, Racing trucks, Saloons, Reliant Robins and others.

Many are on show: RS owners club will be there so will V8s, Super rods and Show trucks.

And after the days racing on Saturday there is a live band, bar and Hog Roast *smokin*

See you there *wavey*

Edited by - Pendennis on 11 Jun 2014 18:16:08

• 1 month later...