Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alloy XFlow head, was I supposed to know that?

OliverSedlacek

These are performance based heads therefore the last thing you want is hot water passing inside the inlet manifold to warm the incoming air.

Which one did you get Burtons or Ric Wood?

Sure it will be possible to arrange a feed from either side or rear of the head or from the water outlet depending what stat arrangement you are running.

• Leadership Team

Oliver - I've just checked back to early photos of my Alloy head and confirmed that I originally had a heater running off of it. I can only assume that the head design has changed, as I believe I had one of the first in the country?

Michael

I've just spent an hour or so on the mill removing the stumps of the casting sprues from the front of the head for even more weight saving 😬. It might be hard to justify the effort, but they annoy me.

The new and old head wont be comparable for power because I'm looking to go fuel injection with a 'No compromise' inlet manifold. The usual twin Weber manifold introduce three shortish radius bends and does god knows what in diameter. I'm hoping to have just one bend of 640mm radius and a steady taper from throttle body to the valve. My biggest concern is how to change the spacing between the throttle bodies.

100 BHP/litre ?

I saw a manifold made by Bogg Bros for a alloy X/flow head, inclined to maintain port angle with flanges to suit Jenvey TB's, can't recall if it was made for DCOE IDA or IDF fitting - would be the ones with c-c nearest to port spacing on the head.

Naturally it would require a new bonnet at the exit hole would be much higher.

• 8 months later...