Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SE Tyres, Foots Cray

myothercarsa2cv

Yep, I used SE Tyres when I was in Sidcup for the 7 and Tin Top and have visited their Tonbridge Wells place now I'm @ Paddock Wood.

IIRC the 2 Toyo Proxes T1 R's they popped on the 7 for me were the same as Blackcircles.

They took care of the 7 (were very surprised that the tyre pressures I asked for) and they had a low level jack to get under the back end.

Only reason that I'm not using them for the tin top tyre that's going on in about and hour was the mobile fitting chappie Symmo recommended was £2 more than SE Tyres but he's coming to me.

UPDATE: Symmo's man is a top chap - just had the nail removed from the tyre and a patch applied. That's saved £160, which I shall put in the "new rear tyres for after next years blatting season" pot

Mike

Edited by - michaeljclark on 19 Nov 2013 17:25:20

I have used SE tyres in Sevenoaks. Good value. *thumbup*

Their less public yard down the road looks like Steptoes yard & there tyre fitter is great but is hard to understand as he doesn't seem to have many teeth left.

and have visited their Tonbridge Wells place now I'm @ Paddock Wood.

I was just wondering where Tonbridge Wells was Mike? 😬

Edited by - Martin Jeffrey on 19 Nov 2013 21:46:27

Quoting Aeroscreens: 
So, what do you class as reasonable....?

Tenner a wheel. Makes the tyre swap for the rears possibly the cheapest ever at ahem £20 total all in 😬

Martin, they had a chap like that in Foots Cray today. Maybe they employ one at each garage to make it seem more old worldy? *tongue*

• Area Representative

SETyres *thumbup* I've been singing their praises for a while and all my tintop tyres have come from them since I exited the world of company cars (the lease companies usually had arrangements with serial pickpockets like KwikKrap). I use the Foots Cray and Blackfen branches as strangely, they rarely quote the same price. The Blackfen manager is/was less keen on fitting customers' own tyres though.

I shall be visiting them for a new front pair on the Leon shortly which will be costing a touch more than your £20 John *eek*

Cruds