Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4.4 or 4.7 CWP for a Sierra diff

Trevor Phillips

Trev - The 4.7cwp has only recently become available exclusively through SB Developments so you may have to buy new through them if this is the ratio you've set your heart on. In light of this though there may be a few 4.44's becoming available as people convert to the new 4.7 - I'd suggest giving Steve Broughton a ring. The 4.7's not cheap though at £395 plus Vat (You may have seen the adverts in CCC and elsewhere)

Home of BDR700

Almost! Staying with Cosworth power but this time a BDA. Until I physically had it in my hands I didn't want to say after the disappointment with the Hayabusa purchase falling through.

Drove to Scotland on Saturday to hear it running then stripped it out of the racecar and drove back with it yesterday.

It won't be the fastest but it will sound glorious *tongue*

Racing pics and items for sale here

Welcome to the elite club Trev. I'll see if I can track down another existing member to swear you in formally *smile*

I thought i'd tell you this after you'd made the right move but I recently broke an outer valve spring on one of the inlets and am in the process of replacing the lot with some rather special ones from Germany that cost get this.......£1,800 a set new !!! I picked them up having had dyno use only at a fraction of the cost thank god !

Home of BDR700

..........depends how large that fraction was Dave ! Bl%dy pricy items though eh?

I thought that at the revs you use that the diamonds would have parted company with the platinum springs but maybe not ! *eek*

Clamshell Club Founder Member and stationary engine enthusiast.

Edited by - chris clark on 16 Dec 2002 20:38:51