Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Epic 2009 R500 Duratec - full road spec.car, looks and drives like brand new. (Caterham part-exchanges accepted - upgrade to the best of the best for 2014)

SUPERLIGHT91

I have entrusted my cossetted R500 to Sevens and Classics in Tonbridge, who can offer any 7club members an easy route to trade-in and trade-up to perhaps the ultimate road going production 7 (until the 620R hits the road in any quantity of course). £37,995 currently with all the ususal p/x and finance options, this car looks and drives like its just rolled off the production line at Dartford.

R500 Duratec 3,810miles Full(Caterham)Service History

I thought I would point club members to it this weekend as it technically still belongs to me as a club member, and if it doesn't sell over winter, it will be a pleasure to have it back in the spring (win:win) :)

Registered in 2009 and having just had its first MOT, with only 3,810 miles on the clock and perfectly setup. As a paper exercise, tick all the options for a new one and this is a £50k R500 to order a new one today. The only differnce being mine is the last of the 2009 Ford-diff. models, whereas a 2013 one has the new BMW diff.

*wavey*

Edited by - Superlight91 on 16 Nov 2013 11:25:34

Thank you Paul - I'm stepping back down to my trusty mk.1 SL with a few improvements planned for winter to make her a good allrounder for next year (I acquired the R500 9 months ago as a swap for my 911 - was ancious to 'stratch that itch' and see just how good the Duratec version was these days, as I had the K-Series version 10 years ago) It will come as no surprise to most of you in the know, that the R500D did not disappoint, its the best seven I've ever owned and driven, but I did not buy it to keep, so its time pass it onto someone else to experience it.

Sorry Paul - I forgot to answer your initial question.

No Armourfend on it, I was toying with the idea, but concluded it wasn't needed until such time I ever got around to painting the nose and rear wings matching orange, but didn't get around to that.

The only thing it has that isn't listed on the Sevens & Classics ad is:

- [R500 ***] plate

- Titanium '7' grill

Yes, they will p/x for other brands of motors & track cars, at Sevens and Classics (as the name suggests). Although 70% of their stock are Caterhams (which I was pleased to see a good selection in the show room), they do also have the occasional British classic, Aston, TVR, MG, Triumph etc in stock, try them, they can only say yes or no thanks *thumbup*

To answer a couple more of your questions on this R500:

- yes the OEM catalyst is included in the sale along with the dec-cat pipe (fitted)

- it is keyless ignition with 2x secuity fobs

- 6 months tax and 7 months MOT remaining

- CR500 tyres are pretty fresh all-round with approx 800 miles road use on them

- yes the standard door mirrors are supplied (as well as the IVA stanction stalks - which I preferred as they gave me a good solid mount for my Go-Pro camera within reach of the cockpit to turn it on an off :)

- paperwork is extensive and perfectly documented as you would expect (from memory there are 5x Caterham service stamps in the book, mix of Caterham Midlands and Caterham South (factory) service, which are post running-in and annual maintenance for each year there after). Even the original order/sales receipt from 2009 is in the folder.

Edited by - SUPERLIGHT91 on 22 Nov 2013 16:45:48