Click here if you are having website access problems ×

First attempt at renewing A frame bushes

strongy

Have just finisted renewing a frame bushes, steering rack gaiters and hydraulic brake switch.

All three jobs took only 1 hour so I am feeling very pleased with myself. Thanks to everybody for all of their help/suggestions to my previous postings.

Bushes only took me 15 minutes and apart from working in freezing conditions I found that the hardest task was lining the holes back up to receive the bolt.

Just need a nicer day to go and have road test now! 😬 😬 😬

Thanks again, Strongy

Strongy, something I found useful to line the holes in the A frame bracket with the bushes, was to grind a taper on a longer bolt of the same diameter (0.5", I think), and introduce this to the hole with some persauder, and some good honest cussing, withdraw the Alignment tool, and install the A frame bolt, but now I have a Rose jointed A frame, no more nasty rubber bushes. Regards Nigel.

Hi Anthony, my rose joint A frame was supplied by Caterham, but is fitted to a live axle 1982 car, probably best to call the factory / sales dept and have yarn with regards to fitting on a De Dion, I don't think the rose joint A frame was very popular so may be is discontinued, I bought mine in 1988 (?), regards Nigel.