Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Injection fuel pump, tank also...

Vinnie_Hki

Hi,

Planning to convert a carb'd car to injection and the plan was to fit a proper injection tank and pump. However, as often seems to be the case Caterham are out of stock of the pump and don't expect any this side of Christmas. 🙆🏻 Therefore anyone got one of the fuel pumps from inside the fuel tank?

Would be interested in a tank too if there are any out there.

Cheers,

Vinnie

HI Guys,

Am I missing something: I thought the Rover bit was only the pump - minus the bracketry to fit in the Caterham tank?

As this is efffectively a new installation (new tank and new pump) I need everything. If I had an existing faulty pump then I could repair it with a spare from Rover etc, but in this case don't I need the unique Caterham bits (bracketry at least)?

Vinnie

Edited by - Vinnie_HKI on 12 Nov 2013 07:10:19

Vinnie,

You're correct in that you'll need the bracket as well. I had the same issue when converting my Zetec from carbs to injection.

I eventually came across this part no. WFX10038 and managed to source this from ebay, it came as a complete unit i.e bracket and pump. Currently not showing on ebay search. However, I've just had a quick search on google and found this. You'll note that it refers to WFX10038 lower down the page. I assume this is the same item as I have, but not 100% certain.

HTH

I eventually came across this part no. WFX10038 and managed to source this from ebay, it came as a complete unit i.e bracket and pump. Currently not showing on ebay search. However, I've just had a quick search on google and found this. You'll note that it refers to WFX10038 lower down the page. I assume this is the same item as I have, but not 100% certain.

HTH

Helps muchly - cheers! *thumbup* *thumbup*

Quoting Vinnie_HKI: 
HI Guys,

Am I missing something: I thought the Rover bit was only the pump - minus the bracketry to fit in the Caterham tank?

As this is efffectively a new installation (new tank and new pump) I need everything. If I had an existing faulty pump then I could repair it with a spare from Rover etc, but in this case don't I need the unique Caterham bits (bracketry at least)?

Vinnie

Edited by - Vinnie_HKI on 12 Nov 2013 07:10:19

I was of the understanding the whole thing is a rover item, not Caterham specific!