Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rearward lever on seq Quaife

Marius

Quaife do now offer a more rearward placed gearlever for their sequential boxes to avoid contact between lever & dashboard, a well-know problem. Did anyone see or even tried one of these ? From pictures it looks like it´s been set back for about 2.5" or so.

Marius

Quaife have got it in their download-catalogue, easier to see on Arnies website:

http://www.the-webbs.com/k2rum/images/Quaife_box.jpg

Talked to Quaife yesterday - there are several other gearings possible than the mentioned ones in the catalogue. You can also have (for example) a 6 speeder with first 2.04 and sixth 1:1....... *eek*

Marius

On my 1993 chassis the extension would foul a chassis tube just to the rear of the hole where the gearlever comes out. It's not an important tube, just joins one side to the other and could be moved back I guess but it's not just a bolt on jobbie. Not sure about the post 96 chassis as the different handbrake means it's a totally different tunnel fabrication. I spoke to quaife about this when I first saw it at the Racing Car (sorry Autosport) show at NEC last Jan, they said it's actually 100mm back.

Have seen this before, Mike, just a thought: if the lever is being positioned about 100mm further back, it should nearly perfectly line up with the steering wheel which means less travel of right hand from wheel to lever. Just trying to get it sorted the most perfect way... *smile*

Marius