Click here if you are having website access problems ×

220bhp K For Sale + Elise

scott99

Matt, I know of a 964 RS in Birmingham - £21k and Maritime Blue too. Claimed 40,000 miles but no history and a little rough round the edges. I presume the CS you saw was the lhd track car Paul Stephens had for sale for £15k - I was tempted myself but he sold it in days....loads of cheap ordinary 964s but they're not worth buying IMHO....Some nice early 2.7 RS and 3.0 RS replicas about too - have the advantage of being light and good power to weight, but risky on hidden rot....don't touch SCs or 3.2 Carreras as for track work their brakes are not up to it. If you are serious, I'm happy to keep an eye out for you - a number of ex race cars for sale now as Porsche Club series goes upmarket and the Porsche Cup moves over from PCGB to Porsche Cars GB's organisation for next year...now if you had £50k available, how about a nice 911 GT3 2000 spec....not eligible for next year's cup, so something of a bargain as it were.....

Mark, yes, very nice. I saw the 911 CS as Paul Stephen's it was nice, but there were two privately available ones last week in the autopress: one a LHD (as most are) and the other a £17k genuine RHD (one of only 56 made!), missed that though as we had to sell a 7 first. Looking for a good independant dealer really to p/x the 7 SL which is worth about 14,750 as a trade-in . So yep please do keep an eye open for a RHD 964RS for me - as I know they are v.good (and I now don't want to buy a 911 that is too old like the CS or earlier that can need a lot of work). Only real alternatives for the money would be a decent Elise s1 (hence this thread), or lesser-powered s2, or Exige. However, I don't want to sell a perfectly sorted 6-speed 7 and have to pay much or anything extra for an Elise as an S1 will depreciate faster than the 7 ever will, although I appreciate may need to throw an extra £5k to secure a decent 911 or Exige.

season's greetings

Matt

Don't want to hijack this thread anymore, but there is at least one written off/repaired rhd CS about for cheap money...plus you won't get an rhd 964 RS (47 made) for less than £30k either....lhds start at £21,000 although dealers are trying to rip people off on prices at the moment. Lotus BBS has a rechassised Elise S2 for £17k at the moment and I bet he'd go lower...not sure whether he'd take a PX but check out the Elise BBS.

Glad you're not going completely Sevenless and I'll mail you offline with anything else I hear about

Cheers

Mark