Click here if you are having website access problems ×

220bhp K For Sale + Elise

scott99

Hi, i am looking to sell my Lotus Elise which is a 2000 'W' in dark blue with all the normal stuff e.g. drivers lights, leather, hard top, soft top etc. It has all brandnew rebuild suspension and brakes etc. The engine is a bit special and i was considering taking it out of the car to sell as a seperate item but as this involes work, i would rather sell as a complete car. The full spec of the car is in the for sale section at www.pistonheads.co.uk under Lotus/Elise but briefly it has Arrow rods, omega pistons DVA Spec head, throttle bodies etc. It gives 220bhp at 8300rpm with the Elise restrictive exhaust. The emuruald ECU is fully mapped for full power and part throttle with no flat spots etc. Any one interested or wants more info then drop me an email.

Scott

Hi, the car is for sale for £18500. A normal spec late 2000 Elise should be worth over £15000 so £3500 for all the extra stuff will make some one a bargain. The engine alone would cost over £7500 to copy. I am looking to sell but might consider a caterham in P/X. If you look at www.pistonsheads.com in the forsale section (Lotus/Elise) a few pages in, there are pictures etc.

Scott

Hi, if you can get S2 Elise's for £15,000 let me know where from! I'll buy some. The car is a very late S1, getting tunning bits like ECU's and decent exhausts for S2's is a problem, as no one make them.

I might consider a P/X, i just fancy a change in car.

Scott

thanks for the pics - will be considering that and the spec; Elise with hard-top would be nice (although I prefer the hard top with the air-scoop like the Exige, but that's purely cosmetic). What colour do you call that - Metallic Aubergine? Interior and engine-bay look very tidy too.

Sorry, I read the price as £18,500 not £13,500, hence the question about S2s...£13,500's a good price for a late S1, even allowing for the depression in the market in general and the rumours of discounted S2s that are doing the rounds at the moment - you shoudl sell it at that price - have you tried the Elise BBS?

I know - Caterham have a very nice 180bhp silver s1 111s with hard top for £15,995 and that's Caterham Show-room price. I think what Scott is selling his based on is the considerable engine-upgrades, but even with that one has to be realistic about the true market value.

I'm even prepared to admit an early Superlight 7 with 30k on the clock and every factory option is only now worth £15k, not the £26k+ it would have cost 5 years ago (and 7's are cars that I'm told "have virtually little, or no depreciation")

M

na - scott wouldn't take a 97 7 Superlight (6-speed 138bhp 16v K-series) I offered him as a possible p/x so I I'm affraid to say I doubt he'd go for a 5-speed 8v VX, don't mean to seem, rude/interfere (but I hope I'm wrong because his Elise is nice, if albeit slightly high in price for a private sale even with the kick a55 engine in it).

Matt

Oh well if its a VX 16v that's a much nicer bit of kit (I did try a few before buying my SL), although I'm still a fan of the K - but I'm not going to start the whole K-series v's VX v's Ford debate here, hardly the place. Good luck

I've found a couple of good web-sites that I'm classifying in my ie favourites as "places that deal in trading 7's and other decent sports cars" they include:

- www.paulstephens.net

- http://www.adrianblyth.co.uk/

- http://www.nutleysports.co.uk/sportscars.htm

- and ofcourse www.caterham.co.uk

all have a nice selection of Elise's, Exige's and even 7's and 21's from time to time.

although I must admit I was suprised to discover that some trade places are selling Elises for as little as 12k now, but they usually be higher-mileage standard 118bhp engined '96/97 models with nowhere near the spec or horsepower of Scott's car. I must admit I do like the new shape Elise and contemplating whether its worth trading a 7 for a used one which I've seen as low as £19,500, but need to find out specs. and actually drive one first before deciding.

happy motoring and seasons greetings.

Matt

welcome to the world of Windbag "Petrolhead" - haven't worked out what's next, "put a sock in it" or something.

I couldn't live without a 7, I'm fortunate I have access to two of my own, Hardtail could live to regret it (next spring/summer anyway), I could live with any of the following combinations:

- a 7, a 180hp+ elise, and my push bike (for work, I'm only a mile from the office)

- a 7, an exige, and my push bike

- a 7, an M-Coupe, and my push bike

- a 7, a 911 Carerra Clubsport, and my push bike

- a 7, a Clio V6, and my push bike

decisions decisions eh

hi matt, thanks for the info'. i'll check them out and let you know how i get on, i still havent heard from Scott although i did see a recent posting of his requesting information on the R500. Petrolhead, your right , i havent covered many miles in my 7 but believe me i havent taken this decision lightly! i need something more practicall, with Deb going back to work fulltime i sometimes have to use my van if she's out in the car, i really dont like that van so an Elise seemed like a happy medium. i might ask Mick if he can build me one 😬

Matt, since you plan on keeping one of your Sevens - or are you going to nick your brother's when he's not about ;-) -IMHO, the Elise is too close to the Seven...forget your M Coupes and go for a 964 RS - hardcore fun and if you buy right (loads up for sale at the moment as they're all overpriced) you can run one for as many years as you like (I had mine for 3 years) and still sell it for what you paid or even more....

If you do have to go for the Elise, from what I've heard and experienced, the S2 is a much better drive, handles better and is more civilised...Jackal's had experience of these & Caterhams, perhaps he'd like to opine?

Price-wise, you're spot on for an S2 and they're dropping daily. S1s can be had for £10k if you look hard enough - circa 50,000 miles, mind and watch head gaskets, but still good money...

Good Call Mark - I hope you're still enjoying that lovely silver SLR of yours. Keep half an eye open for reasonably priced 964s for me. I tried a 911 CS recently and whilst they are a fine bare-bones carrera and track car, being all made in '86/86 they are gettting into either category i) costly to restoration needed ii) too immaculate good to use. Still not chucking-away the idea of a half-decent elise, and yep you guessed it, brother and i have decided to have a part-share in the Yellow superlight as we rarely found ourselves out in both 7s at the same time last year.

hi peter, i was talking to Mick last night. after completing his 7 in october, he had the operation on his leg which has left him with a steel contraption bolted through his leg which has an adjustment fitted which he has to turn 1mm every day to achive a target of 60mm *eek* i bet that hurts!! so he has only been out in his 7 for about a week all told.