Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-series R400(ish) engine bits

Racingshoe

I've left the 7 alone for 3 years since my car was fully rebuilt, but now the next round of upgradeitus has bitten and I'm going Duratec. My 200bhp DVA k-series engine is for sale.

It has done 4500 miles since being assembled by DVA, and I've enjoyed using it ever since. However I feel the need for another 40-50hp in my life and have sourced the base of my next engine already.

I figured I would get more cash for the engine if I split it, so here goes... The engine has been utterly reliable & the bits advertised are all in great working order.

The dry sump pump was serviced by Titan about 3000 miles ago, and the dry sump pan was replaced with a new one 800 miles ago as my old one had a little weep.

The head is a proper MS2 VHPD jobbie - and was new when the engine was built to this spec 4500 miles ago.

Absolutely no issues with this engine. No head-gasket issues or overheating, even in 35+ degree heat this summer in Switzerland/Italy. I've run it with a big triple-core race radiator and it has been a pussycat.

1800k forged pistons, vhpd rods, uprated liners 450 Sold to Steve Cragg

QED lightweight flywheel 230 Sold to LesG

AP clutch & pressure plate - 4500 miles 150

MS2 VHPD head fully complete, Piper 285 cams, piper verniers, DVA assembled, all timed. Std VHPD size valves. Never skimmed. No HGF leaks. Perfect. 1300 Sold to Jerry

Jenvery DTH throttle bodies, trumpets. With throttle cable. Incl cream injectors. No fuel rail. 400

Bernard Scouse airbox & K&N filter cone filter to suit (later model, wider neck airbox. 190 Sold to Steve Cragg

CC bellousing dry sump system, Gold pump, new sump pan 3 months ago. Clutch fork & hoses included. Serviced by Titan 3000m ago. 850 Sold to SUPERLIGHT91

Red coolant silicone hoses (for dry sump installation) 60 Sold to SUPERLIGHT91

4-1 race exhaust primaries (heat wrapped) & collector. No lambda boss (race & EU2) 400

SLR silencer can 150

MAP sensor provided by Emerald 50

starter motor 50

EU2 alternator 70

Lightweight Hellier Motorsport billet belt pulley for dry sump/alternator. Reduces gearing for alternator. Gold !! 100 Sold to SUPERLIGHT91

P&P at additional cost. Collection, reasonable delivery or GONADS can be arranged.

Edited by - racingshoe on 29 Oct 2013 13:30:31

Edited by - racingshoe on 30 Oct 2013 09:04:11

First dibs and price (and pics if poss) on the dry sump kit with the relevant red hoses to convert and the billet gold alternator pulley please, thanks Matthew (basically everthing I would need to convert my brother's 1.8 Superlight K to a dry sump system.

Thanks

Edited by - SUPERLIGHT91 on 29 Oct 2013 14:28:09

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm working away from home this week, but intend to take the engine out of the 7 this weekend, so parts should be available for shipping/delivery/collection next week *thumbup*

I'll be in touch over the weekend to sort out payment & delivery with you all.

Enjoy the upgrades 😬

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...