Click here if you are having website access problems ×

List 1B

cskip

Sorry to open up this old wound, however what is the considered opinion of the fellow blatchatters on the subject of Kumho V70 vs Avon ZZR?

I have been running Kumhos for the last 3 seasons and I was considering defecting to the other side. If I do, can someone suggest the best compound for the hills?

Clive

Avon ZZR A24 compound. In my opinion, a better tyre. Approximately 8KG weight saving, more consistent off the line and run to run. Better turn in especially on first couple of corners.

I wouldn't go back but others would disagree. Not sure which is ultimately fastest, indeed most of the class 3 records and spec' prod' records are on the Kumho I think.

Choice is yours.

HI Clive - I think it is one of those questions where you will get polarised views, and the answer may come down to personal preference and set up

Personally - I prefer the ZZR's, but suspect that ultimately on your final timed run on a warm day the Kumho's may have it.

I agree with Stuart and my preference is to have the same level of grip on my first run as to my last, and when I used Kumho's found that they got progressively better during the day. But my lack of talent could take advantage of that.

If dual driving I think the kumho's must have it for that alone.

I know both Simon and Darren have gone back to Kumho's after trying the ZZR's I think there main grips Is the ZZR grip (ease of lock up) under braking, something I don't suffer from, but again could be different pads, setup, and a heavier right foot etc

rob *thumbup*