Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Through a 5cm hole I see the world ....

Alex Birtwisle

Hello Boonie.

I don't believe I have said hello before now. But I know your bigger brother, who sometimes turns up here to give you your dinner money.

You should come out to play with the rest of us sometime soon, you can get a ride in some of our pedal karts - mine is a pushbike pedal kart.

Oh and thankfully the eagle hasn't landed, so the evil camera that flashed me was obviously just pretending... I understand you know a bit about photography. Looks like I got away with this time, I'm a lucky boy me thinks.

Moom

www.megabird.co.uk

Edited by - moomin on 9 Dec 2002 09:40:18

Frost 🤔 Snow 🤔

Southport today was fresh but not a hint of ice to be seen *smile*

Nice and sunny now, and here's me stuck indoors, without a pedal cart either ☹️

Mind you last Friday I found something slippy on the way to work.

Not sure if it was ice, mud or road kill due to the dark but the back end of the Focus went all sideways *eek* 😬

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

Hi ya moomin,

Ah - you must have one of those pedal karts with a peg attached to the spokes so they make a bigger noise. I'd love to have a ride in it - thanks for the offer.

Moi bruvver looks after moi dinner money cos moi mum finks I'll spend it on a pedal kart of moi own.

Glad to hear the eagle hasn't landed - as we say in camera circles watch the birdie - or is that golf *confused* Talking photos just a brief word of warning to all those in Cam country. The cameras are also out and about in the back of bright yellow transit vans - see Cambs local press for details.

I think that you need something white, so that the Snow God is aware the appeal is being made to him and not the Sun God...then you just have to dance round it in an appropriate way. Maybe including some movements that look like sleighing, or snowball fighting or similar.

I propose that we all go outside at 12.25 for a prompt 12.30 start. Anyone who wishes to join in please let me know.

😬

Rach

I am told by the weather prophets that snow is indeed forecast in Cam Country soon - I know I'll never make a weather forecaster but that's as close as I can get until I get more up to date info.

Would the bike sheds like to know when and if it's going to be icy/ snowy/ gritters going out? I can only do this for Cam and if I remember/ have time.

Rachael - all the Cambs safety/ speed camera vans are yellow with big logos on the side and reflective stuff on the back. The white one you saw would probably have been a police van - not sure what they would be doing but might not be speed checks.

Thanks Boonie,

It was definitely a police van and they were certainly up to something, but they were on the other carriageway, so I couldn't really see what. Oh well...

It would be great if you could tell us when they are going to be gritting - if it is not too much trouble. I know they gritted last night, because I went out soon after and had absolutely no grip at all - it was really rather scary *eek*

Did anyone else do a snow dance, or was I the only one getting strange looks in the car park 😳 *eek* 😬 *wink*

*wink*

Rach

So there I was (picture the scene) dancin me pants off in the car park at lunchtime wearing a borrowed white lab coat - didn't see you lot anywhere tho ☹️ How can you have any snow if you don't do any dancin?

And if I do say so myself I looked pretty damned funky...