Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitted Luggage?!

Gregs79

Hi all,

Does any one know or own a set of fitted luggage for the Caterham? I have had them for cars in the past that are tailored to fit in small spaces and maximise the amount of luggage you can take and pull straight out of the car when you park up at a b&b/hotel.

I have seen the one that sits on top of the boot cover already.

Kind regards

Dominic

Dominic - I had a rack made recently which clamps onto the roll bar and can take loads of luggage or 4 wheels for a track day or a combination of wheels and luggage - only disadvantage is that if you load it up fully you have to rely on your side mirrors - let me know if you would like me to e-mail you some pictures. Overboard also do some 30l 'flat' dry bags which I found I could store behind the seats easily? Garth

Thanks for the swift replies. I am after something that fits in the standard boot that can be packed in the house and dropped straight into the boot and then may add the soft bits one on top of that for longer journeys and camping stuff etc

Garth - I'd also be interested to know more. Message sent.

Edited by - Gregs79 on 13 Oct 2013 20:51:17

don't know of a boot bag, but oxted do bulkhead bags here

I use one of these http://www.force4.co.uk/7310/Gul-Waterproof-Holdall.html in the boot of the CSR, so you might want to check measurements if you are not an SV, its squishy, totally waterproof and is a brilliant fit leaving a little space at either end for bits and pieces, in my case tyre pump at one end and first aid kit at other end, I would imagine the problem with "fitted" luggage in the boot would be getting it in and out past an FIA bar then past the boot cover even with it undone it gets in the way, also remember the floor of the boot is larger than the opening at the top. The Gul bag is bendy and pliable and as water and, to an extent airtight, you can use it as a compression bag

Tim

• 4 weeks later...