Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Some MTB parts - front derailleur, chain guide, brakes, forks, frame... And some free stuff!

myothercarsa2cv

Shimano XT Derailleur, bottom pull only (although you could bodge *wink*). 34.9mm clamp (you will need an adapter for smaller seat tubes). £10 posted. Used for about 6 months before being consigned to the parts bin.

here

More bits to follow including forks, frame, cranks and stuff. Also advertised on PinkBike.

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 13 Oct 2013 18:45:18

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 2 Jan 2014 22:07:53

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 5 Jan 2014 10:57:17

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 14 Jan 2014 10:10:20

• 2 months later...

Above still available, open to offers. All good parts for kids building bikes that will only get broken 😬 I also have in the shed:

A pair of 2004/5 Magura Julie disc brakes (these ones), no discs, will need new pads and a bleed, but as it's mineral oil the seals seem to be alright. The right hand lever has broken where it attaches to the handlebar, so will either need bodging or replacing but the hydraulics are sound. I would be prepared to let these go to a good home for nothing more than a few quid to NtL. Happy to split.

I also have an Avid Juicy 5 front disc brake with disc. This uses DOT so has expanded and killed the top cap. It'll need a new seal if you can find one. Free to a good home, as it might not be economically viable to recommission. ETA - looking on eBay, all the new seals will cost about £22. So unless you have a mate in a bike shop, probably not worth it. Free disc though *wink*

All brakes above *should* have long enough hoses for a hardtail with up to 150mm travel at the front. I can get photos if need be.

I also have some QR Manitou Sherman Flick 110/150 forks, titanium spring, nice long steerer, serviced and had some parts replaced (compression rod had snapped). These are for all intents and purposes brand new and probably not bedded in, some scratches around the head race area. I can't get on with them on a hardtail but they worked alright for drops when used on my old Big Hit. Make me an offer in the region of £50, and they're yours.

here

Happy to let this aluminium hardtail jump frame go for £30 too, has been semi-built up a few times, but hardly ever used. Currently has a few parts stuck to it, but I'll chuck in an old seatpost, shim and clamp to get you going.

here

If there's anything in particular you need, I might have it lying around - e.g. I have some STi shifter/v-brake lever sets (3x8) I can give away if anyone needs them for a hack, various OE stems and crappy forks too.

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 5 Jan 2014 11:01:44

• 2 weeks later...