Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ltd Edition Honda VTR 1000 SP1 only 15,000 miles 2001 V-twin Superbike

SUPERLIGHT91

Honda VTR SP-1

Consolidating some vehicles from storage this autumn ready for some new projects over winter, and considering parting with my special edition Honda VTR SP-1 This has been regularly serviced by Kent Motorcycles (Honda) and known to be one of 200 'silver' SE bikes, has covered 15,000 miles from new

Too much to list here, but the spec. is considerable including:

- £2,600 of Full titanium & carbon Acropovik race exhaust system

- Uprated SP-2 HRC/Nitron suspension, Ohlins steering damper

- £750-worth of carbon fibre trim

- Power Commander IIIr engine management

- Titanium rear sets,, etc, etc

These bikes are a sound investment as Honda won't make another V-Twin Superbike like this in future (they were developed by Honda code-named "Special Project -1" to beat Ducati at their own game in the late '90s, which the did at the time). A decade on they provide some very reliable performance motorcycling with none of the maintenance headaches of its rival Ducati 996 (the Honda has gear-driven cams for a start, so no cam-belts to change every 2 years like the Ducati)

Supplied with extensive document folder, pictured in the above link,

- 1 year's MOT, sailed through last Monday

- 6 month's tax

£4000 to 7 club members on its original '51' plate or £4750 supplied with its current fitting [VTR1K] plate I bought some years ago at auction for £1500 as a finishing touch.

Stunning road and track machine, and a good future investment (dealers are listing low-mileage examples between £5k & £7k these days depending on spec. & originality), and this Honda ratified UK SE is a very clean, HPI clear example.

Will consider part exchange for 7-related kit, or something like a KTM, Husaberg or Husquvarna between 250cc and 400cc so I can try some green-laning with friends this winter.

Thanks Ols - appreciate you passing it on for inspection, and very sorry to hear about your friend's SP-2 :( that is tragic if its off the road for good as a result and I hope he stepped off it okay himself. I am Herne Bay, Kent so not far away if he does fancy a look in future days/weeks as I won't be marketing it commercially for a few months after the winter, although she is ready to go if anyone is interested between now and next spring. regards

OK if I pass your email address to him - or BM me your phone number and I'll get him to give you a call. He got off his SP2 at relatively low speed I'm glad to say, but fast enough to write it off. He's certainly interested anyway

Cheers

ian

• 3 years later...

Hi Ols...

Ian - I hope you are well.

Just a brief note to ask if your friend from Dover still has my old Honda SP1 - I am curious to find out how he got on with it since October 2013 (doesn't time fly!).  As with most things, nostalgia has a draw....  I started hankering after another one recently - so when you speak to him next you can always tell him to get in touch if he still has it and ever tires of it in future.  In any case it would be good to speak to him again as he was such a nice chap and I feel a bit guilty for not keeping in touch and going out for a ride with him sooner too as he is fairly local.

I hope all is well with your Seven, are you going to the Donnington festival this summer with yours?

Have a good week and speak to you again soon.

Matt Stears

... I should verify also Ian that... I passed Superlight91 onto my brother who owns the car now, I replaced it with JPE#19 - hence the account you may not recognise from back in 2013 regards when we formerly spoke when I was "Superlight#91", that's Gareth Stears now regards Matthew Stears