Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another Jack question

the.vet

Lots in the archives: low-entry (that one's crucial), light weight if you want to pick it up and take it somewhere, and fast action if saving 5s on jacking would improve your life. There's usually at least one in the Demon Tweeks catalogue that meets all of those for the 7, but if you want to lift 2.5 tonne of VW you'll have to sacrifice the light weight criterion.

... but if you go the Sealey site there are two that meet all the criteria: RJA2500 and RJAS2500. I hope the discount is as massive as the Tiguan...

Jonathan

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 9 Oct 2013 14:19:53

As an aside, on a jack related manner, when I want to jack up my tintop, I cant use my trolley jack because there is ridge along the edge of the floor. The screw thread jack that sits with the spare wheel in the boot has a sort of shoe that fits with the ridge in the centre. If I use my trolley jack, Ive found in the past that I squash flat the ridge. Am I being really stupid, with this, or should I just put my trolley jack to lift just the other side of the ridge on the floor?

TomB, I certainly wouldn't use a trolley jack on the floor section of your tt, the sill will have been strengthened where the jack is designed to go, so either do as JK suggests and make up a wooden or rubber shim to match the shape of the standard jack or find somewhere under the car that is already load bearing.

Graham.