Click here if you are having website access problems ×

you may laugh but I have to have mud flaps all round

g7esp

I ham finely going to register my seven in North Cyprus. it has to go through a like a MOT but it will have mud flaps every car has to have them. its like most thing there you fit them and take them off after and put them on in three years for the small MOT that is done by the police if it has 4 wheels and mud flaps it passes. this may be daft but I have to get some malcol

Quoting John Vine: 
Well, I'm not laughing as I have front mudflaps on mine. When you live in the sticks, surrounded by horses, it's a better option than getting covered in horse ordure every time you venture out.

JV

Too true . I live in the sticks and its impossible to drive more than half a mile without stuff stuck to the wheel arches ! ☹️

Years ago, I made mud flaps for the Seven from a sheet of 5mm thick Neoprene rubber. Bonded two big head studs inside the lower edge of the wings with 2-part FS adhesive and attached the rubber with large washers and nuts (with a spot of loctite on the thread). If you make the rubber wide enough, it starts to curve at the sides and stays more rigid.