Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow spares

greg

I have the internals from a 1998 Crossflow engine for sale (1600cc). These parts were new in 1998 and were fitted to a Caterham 7 which has done less than 20,000 miles (on fully synth oil), with UK documentation (bill of sale, MOT's) to prove it, from the last owner. Basically I want the block and head castings so:

Parts include:

Crank*, Rods, Pistons (with bearings) + end caps

Flywheel + Clutch

Feul pump (cam driven)

Distributor + spare lucas race unit*.

Oil Pump

Cam + matching Followers etc (A2 I think)

Waterpump (good)*

I also have a 1700cc lighly used race head (1 season) with huge valves and good porting - should be good for 160BHP+ on a 1700cc engine with the right cam!

They are presently in Brighton, East Sussex. Due to my work commitments I may not be able to answer questions quickly as I work away.

I need to shift them all as they are no use to me - so offers please.......

* I may have a buyer for these bits.

**** Er.... just found this window open and had forgotten to send it - muppet alert! ******

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)

Hiya,

Thanks for the interest.

I have searched for all my car documentation, but having just moved I can not seem to find the right bits.

What I have found is that the head has 42mm inlet and 35mm Exhaust valves, these are about as big as you can fit without doing stuff to the guides (like offseting, if that is possible). It is not unleaded as there is no room to fit unleaded inserts (as they are larger than leaded inserts). It has double springs and steel caps.

How about offers arround £200 for the head?

Harvey - just replied to your email.

Crank and rods now gone.

Anyone for the rest. Someone must be interested in the head, as this represents a considerable cost saving over doing it from scratch. All the other bits would make good spares.

Oh look this has gone to the top!