Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Practically new 170 bhp 2.0l Zetec Blacktop and 5 speed gearbox for sale

paul jacobs

I shall shortly be replacing the currently fitted 170 bhp 2 litre Zetec in my car, with a 2.3 Duratec, so the Zetec is now surplus to requirements.

The engine was brand new and has done approx. 2750 miles, is complete with throttle bodies, Emerald ECU, mapped by Emerald, with dyno sheet showing 170bhp, and has the Raceline cast alloy water rail and lowline wet sump.

It will be sold as a complete running 'plug n play' unit with alternator, starter, clutch and flywheel as well as the engine wiring loom and senders etc. I am happy to include the primary manifold, which is, I believe, a Ford unit.

It is still fitted in the car, so can be seen and heard running and driving. It goes without saying, but I shall say it anyway, the engine runs like new and there are no known faults.

I would also like to sell the 5 speed gearbox and iron bellhousing, preferably together with the engine, but will split if required. It has done the same mileage as the engine and was supplied by Rally Design, it may have been new or possibly rebuilt, the invoice doesn't state.

Prices: complete engine as described above £3250

gearbox, bellhousing, gearlever etc. £ 350

or, if engine and gearbox are bought together £3450

I know that a 'crate' engine can be bought for substantially less than my asking price, but if you are interested, do your homework and include all the extras you will need to actually make it run and fit it into a car, including the rolling road session to map it. This is a proven running engine with a dyno sheet and mapped by one of the most reputable companies in the UK.

Of course I will consider offers, but please don't insult me.

Edited by - paul jacobs on 1 Oct 2013 18:14:32