Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800 X-Flow for immediate sale

Anthony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have for sale the ultimate cross flow ( with the exception of Dave's proposed all Ali one ). Re-advertised due to nature of telecoms market.

The engine has been built by Roger King and comprises ;-

1. 264 Cam

2. AX Block

3. 1800 forged pistons

4. Full dry sump system ( note pipes tank and remote filter are excluded )

5. All steel engine internals with beautiful crank and arrow rods

6. New unleaded "race" head ( not an old modified casting )

7. 45's

8. Alpha mapped 3D system

9. Light weight spider flywheel

10. AP paddle clutch

11. Wrapped/polished primaries

12. brand new Brise starter

13. Wilcox alternator fixings

Needless to say the engine has been meticulously built by Roger with great attention to detail and subject to rolling road set up with c.180+ BHP.

This is a very straight forward swap for any x-flow cars out there. Engine out of car ready for delivery.

This engine in a light x-flow car will give many SLR's and VX a run for their money.

The engine has been in the car for 2 years and covered c. 1600 miles after a very careful running in period.

Cost inexcess of 8K. Offers over 3K invited. Immediately available

Please reply to Anthony.burgess@cwcom.cwplc.com

Anthony

X-Flow-power; the real way forward

Hi Rob,

Saw you at Goodwood last week, but too bloody cold to stay and chat!

Thought the car needed more power as you were not making enough noise!

Only thing is I have driven against Anthony at both Goodwood and Hethel in my SLR and on the straights it was just as quick (if not slightly quicker on Lavant straight) so I'm not sure if you should have it *wink*

Nick

Class 3 could be quite entertaining next year 😬

Pinky I was being vaguely sensible at Goodwood last weekend as I was right on the noise limit for that day... even with a Goodwood dongle thing in. that noise meter just after the chicane was a bit to close!! having said that out the back where there aren't any noise meters is another story :)

Cheers

Edited by - rgrigsby on 7 Dec 2002 19:14:56

well from my understanding it should be allowed in class 3 ☹️ if we are sticking tot he same regs for the l7 championship next year...

Class 1:

Lotus or Caterham Sevens powered by single cam engines up to1600c.c.

Tyres to be List 1A only.

Vehicles powered by non car derived engines are not allowed in this class.

Class 2:

Lotus or Caterham Sevens powered by single cam engines of 1601c.c.and greater. Also all Lotus Twin Cam engines and Rover K 1400c.c. engines.

Other twin Cam engines up to 1600c.c. are also allowed in this class provided induction is via a standard production plenum chamber.

Class 3:

Lotus or Caterham Sevens powered by single cam engines. Also all Lotus Twin Cam engines and Rover K 1400c.c. engines.

Other twin Cam engines up to 1600c.c. are also allowed in this class provided induction is via a standard production plenum chamber.

Tyres to be any road legal E-marked tyre or in List 1B.

Class 4:

Any Lotus or Caterham 7 not meeting the engine requirements of classes 1, 2 or 3

Class 5:

Any Lotus or Caterham 7 not meeting the engine requirements of classes 1, 2 or 3

Tyres to be any road legal E-marked tyre or in List 1B.

Class 6:

Any Lotus or Caterham Seven not meeting requirements of any other class

there is no size limit for single cam engines in class 3

rob

Hi Rob, fully agree the cost of getting similar power out of a 1600 K-series, to compete in Class 3 would be more than the cost of the engine

Now a set of TB's or rollers on Bob's new engine would see it close on 200 ( Dave E apparently had over 200 BHP from his all steel cross flow )

*eek*

Hi Rob, fully agree the cost of getting similar power out of a 1600 K-series, to compete in Class 3 would be more than the cost of the engine

Now a set of TB's or rollers on Bob's new engine would see it close on 200 ( Dave E apparently had over 200 BHP from his all steel cross flow )

*eek*

I find it highly unlikely that it is possible to get 180 bhp and still be in the regs to get in class 3 with a K

although there is some talk on the 7's list on bigger power with a plenum...

looks like th eonly way forard is saboutage 😬 😬

rob *smile*