Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My first service

Grandmaster Flatcap

I've had C8RHM for a year now (that has gone fast *wink*) and I'm ready to attempt my first service. Due to work and family stuff, no doubt this will be spread over many weekends doing bits here and there. I also intend to have a go at fitting an Apollo tank (so expect questions).

Does anyone have any links to good articles on servicing a K-Series? I'm a bit of an over-researcher when doing something for the first time.

Tips?

Also, how often would you suggest changing the air filter? Is this an annual job? Annual seems a bit much for my mileage.

Thanks as always.

You'll find most of it somewhere in these:

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 

Assembly guides, wiring diagrams etc from Caterham Cars

Low Flying articles

7FAQs from the Club

BlatChat by search

BlatChat by posting a question

Alcester Racing Sevens maintenance guides

James Whiting's service schedule

A few other individuals' sites

Internet search

Club FAQs are here

Jonathan

PS: That list of sources came from the discussion about having a technical wiki.

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 31 Aug 2013 10:25:53

Ill add my 2 penneth re the air filter, clean and re oil annually with kn cleaning kit, just done mine after months trying to sort out a steadily worsening hesitancy and misfire. Having gone through checking and changing various bits inc. plugs, ht leads , coil pack and tps it turned out my kn filters were filthy, they looked ok mind. But a quick last resort run up the rd with no filters revealed them to be the culprit, I wouldn't recommend running sans filters but I'm glad I did now as I was at a loss and on the pint of spending more money on bits I now don't need. Cleaned them and oiled them as per instructions and amazed at the results. Have done 40 k + miles in the last 5 years tho so they were pretty dreadful *redface* 😬