Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rev counter, speedo angle drive, cable, drive wheel, Jenvey back plate, bits and bobs

Mankee

Having a clearout as I've gotten to the point of having too much stuff again. Plus I've removed/changed the main gauges in my dash.

Speedo cable from my '96 chassis in full working order. The angle drive is VDO and I think the gauge is a Caerbont, but I stand to be corrected. I think it's this one. £10 Pic: here

VDO angle drive, quill, top hat and circlip. Same as above, from a '96 chassis and worked fine until I removed it earlier today. I think these are the items on Caterham Parts: top hat, circlip, quill, angle drive. £40 Pics: here and here

Type 9/6-speed 7-tooth speedo drive gear, which sits on the mainshaft. I was going to fit this to my spare gearbox, but I've decided to go speedo-less. I bought it second-hand and it has just sat in my spares drawer. Same spec as this one. £15 Pic: here

Similar to the above, Type 9/6-speed 24-tooth speedo gear. Again, bought second-hand but unused by me. It's this one. SOLD Pic: here

Standard rev counter. Was modified by Speedy Cables in the past to have a red needle instead of white, as the previous owner wanted the needles to match the Racetech gauges! It started reading weird at high revs a year or so ago, so I spent £70 on getting it serviced and repaired by JDO at the start of 2012. Still works fine as far as I know, but, to be honest, I never look at the tacho and rely too much on the shift lights! Have now changed to a tacho that goes a bit further. *eek* Bracket and thumbscrews are included, as is the backlight bulb, but I never checked it works. No loom as I just used spade terminals. Possible the same as this one? £50 Pics: here and here

Jenvey stepped GRP back plate, machined by Jenvey themselves for a Zetec 45mm TB setup: here and here. The trumpet bores are 45mm, the trumpet centres spacing is roughly 95mm, part of the bottom of the base plate has been removed to clear the chassis rail, a hole has been drilled for an air temp sensor and the three Dzus fasteners are included. This base plate has been trial fitted but engine not run. Will probably fit a number of installs but the trumpet spacing doesn't suit my K-series DTH Jenveys unfortunately. £80 Pics: here, here and here

1/2" (orange rubbers), over-the-diff, adjustable ARB will be for sale as well. I think it's this one: here. Will include the old drop links, rubbers and chassis brackets, once I've drilled out the rivets to remove the U-clampss. Could do with a lick of paint but perfectly functional. No pictures as I need to get the car out of the garage to remove the bar. £40

Still sealed 2L jug of Halfords part synthetic 10W/40 oil, this one. £7.50 Pic: here

Standard Type 9 lid and bolts. Ideal for modding. £5 Pic: here

Set of 16 standard valve springs and caps from a VVC engine. Upgraded to Piper bits after I over-revved my engine and bent a load of valves. £15 Pic: here

Horn. Can't even find it on the Caterham Parts site! About 1996 vintage, made by Mixo and with a high tone. Can include a bit of the correctly coloured wiring to get you going. £5 Pic: here

Lambda sensor. A genuine Bosch MHK10006 0 258 003 229. Not certain if it works or not, as my car has always been mapped without it, so I removed it and stuck it on the shelf! Hideously expensive new. Money back guarantee on this one, so if it doesn't work, I'll happily refund your money. *smile* £20 Pic: here

Standard battery strap and fuel filler shroud. Both FREE if you cover postage. Pics: here and here

Edited by - Mankee on 9 Sep 2013 15:02:06

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...