Click here if you are having website access problems ×

7 Wanted

7_2

I am looking for an 88 or older Caterham Super Seven X-Flow Super Sprint with cycle wings, leather, factory built, non raced and in good condition

Or an 1.6 K-series 96-98 with cycle wings, leather, factory built, non raced and in good condition.

It is important that i like the "look" of the car, so i need to see pictures of it !!

Open for offers !!

Why do you specify factory built 🤔

Factory built is not necessarily a good thing. For example my car was "factory serviced" when i bought it s/h. 5 months later it had a new gearbox (as it had insufficient oil in it and had seized (Vaterham hadn't checked it)) and a set of new disks (also not checked)...

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

Hello !

I dont doubt what you are saying is correct.

But the reason is that i am planning to import it to Norway, with pretty strict rules...

If it is factory built, i think i will have less problem to get it registrated.

Hello Hoopy !

My problem is that i dont know if there is any difference between information that follows a non factory built car and a factory built car, maybe authorities see it as a kit car. And that would be a problem, as very few kit cars are allowed in Norway.

I live on the west coast of Norway. There is not many Sevens in Norway, maybe 40 in the whole country... I dont know if there is any Sevens in the Kristiansand area.

Thats why i try GB. But it is still not easy to find what i am looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were a few sevens in Kristiansand last year - 4 of us drove from Stockholm->Oslo->Kongsberg->Notodden->Kristiansand to catch a ferry back to Newcastle. click here

The roads through the Telemarks were just fantastic for sevening, despite the bad weather. We do intend to come back for a long weekend in the summer.

You might want to try the http://www.se7ens.net/ mailing lists, there are a few Norwegian and Swedish seveners around who might well be able to help you find a car and get it registered locally.

Miraz

Edited by - Miraz on 3 Jan 2003 19:32:45

Edited by - Miraz on 3 Jan 2003 19:34:01

*smile* The reason for importing a pre 1988 model into Norway is to avoid having to fit a catalysator. There are NO rules regarding factory made or private on a Q plate.

When I imported my 1991 I had no problems with either cat' or Q plate, I did have to supply a set of TUV certificates. Anyone or 7 club planning a trip to Norway this year??. I live on the west coast.

Hello Miraz !!

Are going back to the same places this year ? I think there are lots of fun roads for an 7 on the west coast of Norway to !!

Hello Hilbron !

Are you back home, or still at work ?

Hi 7,

Don't know if my car is of interest but just sent the ad off to Low Flying. It reads:

Ideal first 7. Totally genuine, never raced, immaculate standard 1.6 K. Always garaged, meticulously looked after and never abused. Used only in dry weather, FSH, 5 speed, de-Dion, 1997, P reg, RHD, pre-catalyst, in yellow, flared wings, leather seats, full harnesses, heater, full weather gear, std roll bar (and never changed). 14" wheels with original tyres (still good).

This car is in stunning original condition, covering only 9300 miles. Selling only due to building bespoke new 7.

£12,750. View in SE UK or NW France. Call Richard 01424 812516 UK or 00 33 (0)2 41 94 3800 France.

Further details available if your interested.

Sorry it is not quite what you want Flared wings and not factory) but thought I would post it anyway. Should not be a problem for import as no catalyst was needed or ever installed and this model was exported into Europe.

Richard in France

se7en weeks to go before delivery of chassis to start building my Duratec 7 😬 *thumbup*

Hello both Richard in france and Richards !!

I am sorry, but i am planning to import the car to Norway. An cars newer than 1988 is a cathalytic exhaust system needed to get them registrated. ☹️