Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How to block the injector ports on a Vx manifold

keybaud

The Vx manifold I purchased recently is a SBD design and has injector ports in the manifold itself (SBD TP7-K), whereas I need a standard Jenvey design (MV-07) that does not have these ports, as the injectors are part-way down the throttle bodies.

The manifold is a better fit than my current one, so rather than sell it on, does anyone know a simple solution to blocking up injector ports without causing any damage to the manifold?

One day I will finish the carbs to TB conversion I started 17 months ago...

Edited by - keybaud on 19 Aug 2013 18:50:02

Quoting ECR: 
Buy some second hand injectors from ebay and fit those. More prettily get your local engineering company to turn op 4 alloy bungs in the form of injector bodies.

?

I didn't want to use injectors, as there wouldn't be a fuel rail to hold them in place and I don't know how secure they would be without one; however, I've got a friend who has just bought a new lathe and may be able to make something.

Quoting Molecular--Bob: 
Jenvey sell these here. Might need some epoxy for a permanent fit, but jenvey are quick to reply if you need instructions.

When I looked at Jenvey's accessories web page, I didn't see anything suitable, so for the link.

Simon

Quoting Birkin S3 ZA.: 
On my duratec I used epoxy to blank the injector holes in the head as I will only use the TBs mountings, looks like the hole never existed and the port is finished of flush with the walls.

What type of epoxy did you use?