Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Best noise reduction

Supersprint1988

Now that sounds interesting...why don't you recommend changing it? I would think that it would be quite easy to do the experiment if verniers where fitted. Can't valve to piston contact, which I presume is the most imminent danger, be checked by turning the engine over by hand?

It would be a long way round to achieve a quieter exhaust note loss of power and the remapping, Just sorting out the exhaust silencer will be easier.

If you are thinking about building a new motor to use in Denmark, I would go with a mild cam and normal type inlet manifold to keep induction noise down.

Just add some extra cc for extra power.

Edited by - Birkin S3 ZA. on 20 Aug 2013 20:50:23

Edited by - Birkin S3 ZA. on 20 Aug 2013 20:51:32

• 2 weeks later...

Birkin S3 ZA: I take it your

2 1/4 system with a 20" long silencer with a 4" canister on my zetec and most people at the race track tell me its to quiet
is after a bigger primary silencer ?

CC kindly offered me a rear box like the one on RJ's car CSP366 ( pics 2-3 ) at £650 ( ex VAT ? )

I think I will go for a "replica" of the CC CSP366 using two of these

I think it was in Low Flying years ago that there was a picture of a chap who had two silencers on the side of his car? Quite a nifty solution.

Another option is to go for a torpedo, like Rob's - here - extra long silencer, and get the length in the primaries by going over the top chassis rail. Couple that with a rear silencer and you'd have a pretty quiet car.

Also, wasn't there a system that ran through the prop tunnel? Or am I imagining things again?

P.S. Is the exhaust on the passenger side? What about an extra silencer inside the passenger seat area for track days only?

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 2 Sep 2013 16:57:28

Quoting Supersprint1988: 
Birkin S3 ZA: I take it your
2 1/4 system with a 20" long silencer with a 4" canister on my zetec and most people at the race track tell me its to quiet
is after a bigger primary silencer ?

CC kindly offered me a rear box like the one on RJ's car CSP366 ( pics 2-3 ) at £650 ( ex VAT ? )

I think I will go for a "replica" of the CC CSP366 using two of these

No just the one silencer and no cat

It runs the Piper ultimate road cam which is quite a mild cam

It has a deeper type sound to the note, I could post a short clip if you want.

Chris.

Quoting Supersprint1988: 
Hi Chris

Maybe your mates at the race track has suffered severe hearing damage already if they find a 2 1/4" 4" x 20" silencer too quiet 😬 😬

myothercarsa2cv: thank you for your suggestions, haven't thought of these options myself.

Try this link of my 7500 rpm Zetec, Just because one man has his finger in his ear does not mean its loud 😳 😳

Zetec Power

Chris *wavey*

Yes its the first green one *eek*

Edited by - Birkin S3 ZA. on 3 Sep 2013 21:37:54