Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trolley jack recommendations?

andy21

I bought the one above that Graham King mentioned, after research through threads on here. Its amazing - allows me to go low under the front, and get right up to the highest setting on my axle stands. My previous cheap Halfords one I has to remove the wheels on the front of it AND couldn't get it up high enough (ooer!).

Plus to those thinking about removing the wheels (on cheap standard jacks) and "getting away with it", I found that you need that movement as the car goes up the jack needs to roll a little. You really don't want an incident where the jack digs in and has the potential to push the car off the pair of axle stands already in place....

Shame I have no patience I could have got the £78 one. Went for the nice Blue one this morning. Same as the one I borrowed from Krissmus at dunsfold super car day. Works like an eager teenage boy. Couple of pumps and it's done.

Thanks for all the responses

£78 Homebase one isn't currently available.

I've come close to losing the car after jacking up both ends with a jack in the middle of each end and no axle stands. Hmm, bit daft. Fortunately it still had wheels at one end so I just ended up with a very tilted car that I could lower back onto two wheels.

They have loads of the £78.00 Torq ones at the Homebase in Enfield on the A10

I would just pop down to nearest large branch and have a look , To be honest its not the best organized company when it comes to exactly what stock their holding.