Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Worn harnesses - replacement suggestions?

FramerateUK

I've done a quick search but haven't found a definitive answer.

Our harnesses are quite worn, they were with the car when we bought it and to be honest, adjusting them is a real pain so we're looking for some new ones.

We've got the Caterham 4 points at the moment, but I noticed a lot of people have had some good things to say about the Titon harnesses from Metor?

http://www.meteormotorsport.com/caterham/caterhamseatsharness/seats-&-harnesses/titon-4-point-fia-harness/140-330

Also, does anyone have the reverse buckle? What advantages does it have?

We need something easy to adjust since myself and the missis share the driving and adjusting the standard harnesses is becoming a real pain!

• Area Representative

I recently changed to Titon from the Caterham 4 point due to the near impossible lap adjustment regime! I went for the lap adjustment pulling down from the centre and it proves to be a lot easier especially due to the large adjusters. Eventhough it is still best to adjust the lap belt before getting in the car (placing a mark on the strap helps!) the whole arrangement is better for a variety of length of drivers.

Cheers Iain

*arrowup* Titon can make their harnesses with the adjusters in different locations to suite any specific vehicle...

I got mine from 7 Speed, but Meteor should be very similar.

7 Speed to have a 10% discount on offer at the moment *wink*