Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen

poolec7

I have an off the shelf 2008 academy car, and want to replace the "air brake" windscreen with an aeroscreen. I am favouring the composite kit direct off Caterham.

Have any of you got experience of other makes available.............and how easy is the kit to fit?

Super easy to fit, especially if you have the captive nut brackets that fit behind the scuttle.

The standard composite one I found too low and didn't stop anything, it was fun up to 40mph, anything higher was just dreadful. I now use Brooklands screens which are a million times better, but much heavier. No experience of anything else. Never going back to full screen though *cool*

I've just fitted the Meteor clear aeroscreen, and it's a big *thumbup* from me!

Easy to fit, can swap back to full screen whenever you like, and flicks the air cleanly over your head (well I'm 5'9 and it works for me). Just a little daunting the first drive with seemingly nothing in front of you, but you very quickly get used to it.

Go for it! 😬

Quick question on this for anyone with the Caterham interchangeable GRP screen (apologies for the slight hijack);

Does the scuttle need to be drilled? I assume that it does for the centre mirror? Does it also for the side mirrors, or do they fix to the aero rather than the scuttle?

Thanks very much; I was staring at my CC aero which has been sitting in the garage for 12 months now, and thinking it's time I fitted that......

stephen

Sorry for the thread hijack too OP, but does anyone know if Meteor's clear aero would be a simple straight swap with my black S3 aero or is any fettling required? Have put in a call to Meteor but no answer yet.

• Area Representative

Is the Meteor 'screen the same dimensions, i.e. deflection angle as CC 🤔 Or have they improved it, like RiF had done 🤔

z7

The standard composite one I found too low and didn't stop anything, it was fun up to 40mph, anything higher was just dreadful. I now use Brooklands screens which are a million times better, but much heavier.

Hmm that's a shame. I like the Brooklands but find the 'letterbox' gap between the bottom of the brooklands and the scuttle top allows through alot of wind at speed. I was wondering if swapping to the standard aero would be an improvement. Sounds like it might not be.

(I have considered the gaffer tape solution I have seen on another Brooklands wearing seven, but I'd prefer a neater solution if possible)