Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Track Day tragedy

R. Hull

I would like to take this opportunity to wish my sincere heartfelt sympathies to all concerned at the recent track day tragedy, where a wayward horse unfortunately found his/her way onto the circuit.

My good friend Ed Briggett was one of the first on the scene along with Marshall Ted Hayes, they witnessed the carnage 1st hand and are both very upset.

I spoke to Ed earlier today and he asked me to express sorrow to farmer Max Doyle for his loss, on his behalf.

Unfortnately vet and race ace Nelson Rowe was the person giving the unenviable responsiblity of putting the poor beast out of its misery. Champ Nelson was openly upset by the ordeal when he rang me.

Nelson said "This is one of the many black days in british motor sport but I believe it is strong enough to bounce back from all this sadness and suffering, its just so ironic to me to see the two passions of my life come together with such a catastrophic outcome and it just breaks my heart".

The driver involved appreciates that no blame has been aportioned to him and thanks the Max Doyle and the organisers for the low profile to which the incident has been given.

• 9 years later...
  • 4 years later...