Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Looking for Information about a Brake Pad

ChrisC

Hi All

I have tried to search for some information on the front pads fitted to my recent purchase, but have draw a bit of a blank.

The car is an Ex-Academy 2011 sigma, with standard front brake callipers. The pad appears to be an AP Racing pad, with the markings cp3915-44-ds25hp.

I am trying to find out what type of pad this is, is it a race pad then will only work well once hot? If it is then it would explain my current concern about the initial bite from my brakes.

The only reference point I have for Caterham brakes was a car fitted with the CC big brake kit, some ten years ago. I am not saying my car wont stop, and I am aware the 7 does not have a servo, just they don't inspire confidence on the road, which I am sure was not a problem with my old car.

It maybe a pad more suited to my usage pattern is all thats required, but if I can't find information about the fitted AP pad, its difficult to know where I am starting from. i.e. if I was starting form M1144s I know this is a good all-round road / track day pad.

Hope some one can help

Chris.

My initial thought after seeing DS25HP was that it's a Ferodo DS2500 pad or similar. And it does, indeed, seem to be a road-biased version of them:

http://www.sevenman.co.uk/?p=404

I'd forgotten how goods Ferodos are as I've just stuck some DS3000s in my standard front calipers. But I don't drive my car on the road, so initial bite from stone cold isn't an issue for me, whereas feel and consistency are.

Quoting 2GBR: 
A phone call to Performance Braking 01600 713117 will give you all the info you need

Woops double posting

Edited by - 2GBR on 4 Jul 2013 15:39:55

Edited by - 2GBR on 4 Jul 2013 15:41:36