Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Can anyone tell me what each relay is on a Signa 125 car?

Grubbster

I have a problem on my academy car - an intermittent problem. Sometimes when running at high revs on track the engine cuts momentarily - a bit like the rev limiter but more severe, for longer and all electric power goes at the same time. Once it died completely (while flat out at brands) but then restarted ok straight after. Nothing to do with intertia switch or battery master switch. Advice from CC was to give each of the relays a push and strangely this seems to solve it for a while even though none of the relays actually seem to move when I do this. But I can't leave it like this and I want to investigate further, if this solution works then I assume a relay isn't making good contact when plugged in so sounds fixable to me. I'm not home though so can't look in the handbook and I'm back on track Monday. Can someone look in the handbook for me please?

Edited by - Grubbster on 28 Jun 2013 21:44:42

seem to remember a thread a while back suggesting the female connectors in the relay socket can get pushed/vibrate back into the socket causing intermittent connections, may be something to check

Tim