Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rover oil filter house, M12 x 1.5 sensor thread

Mankee

I've just noticed a hairline crack in my oil filter housing while crawling around underneath my car on the trailer this evening. Awesome. ☹️ But hopefully this is the root of my oil leak! *smile*

So does anyone have one spare laying around that has an M12 x 1.5 hole for the oil pressure sender? There's quite a few on eBay but they all look grubby and sometimes with more than one sensor. Rimmers and other Rover parts places seem to sell a million and one varieties, so I would prefer getting a known good one from a club member who has had it fitted in a Caterham install.

Ta.

This one has two sensor ports (M12x1.5) so you may not be interested. I've put it through the parts washer at work and it is free from cracks. Let me know if you want pictures/measurements etc.

Sadly I haven't even had the time to start stripping the car yet. Looking forward to getting my commuting car fixed so I can start pulling the Caterham to bits.

You can get a "plug" to blank off any unwanted ports. Whether that plug is M12x1.5 is another matter! I guess I could just leave the unwanted sensor undisturbed anyway or whack a bolt in there. I'll call Rimmers tomorrow and see what they have in stock and will email you if I decide to go for the one you have.