Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harnesses best option

sevenmad

With Tillet couldnt get hand down beside the seat to adjust original belt. Changed to Willans Club 4 x 4 which is adjustable when seated. Great for passenger side too (S-type seat) with no need to get in and out to get a good fit.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bump this thread since I'm looking at harnesses myself and find the standard 4 points a bit of a pain (and ours are quite worn).

Looking at getting the Titon harnesses with the "reverse" clips. Would these be a good match for the standard leather seats (the padded comfy ones!)? Our seats are pretty much all the way forward so I don't want the clips getting stuck behind the seat. Anyone got any experience?

*arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup*That way (pulling the tail of the lap strap away from the buckle) works much better for me, see above.

But it does seem to depend a lot on the exact set-up and preferences. You're welcome to look at mine in South Oxfordshire (or Abingdon airfield this Friday) and going to a gathering might be the best way to look at the options.

Jonathan

I found a photo of the Titon harnesses with the reverse option and they look ideal! I'll definitely be getting some. My only concerns is how easily the current harnesses will come out! If I end up with a bolt that won't turn, I'll have to get someone to remove the panel rivets as I don't have the tools to do the job!

Which straps and buckles suit you will be down to where the seat is in relation to the straps and how big you are, I have 2 sevens with different harness types:

Car 1 - S3 with standard floors, leather seats (pushed fully forward for me as I'm a short 🙆🏻). With the original Caterham 4 points the side adjusters ended up almost behind the seat and got caught up a lot and hard to adjust (people have this issue with Tillets I believe). I swapped these for Titon from Meteor with the adjusters the opposite way (so pull away from the centre buckle). They work OK but it is still a bit tricky to pull the straps down towards the floor.

Car 2 - S3 with lowered floors and foam bag seat, again a long way forward. Standard 6 point Caterham belt. Problem was similar in that the side adjusters are way back, jammed between the foam seat and sides of the car. Simple solution was to talk to Luke who made me some slightly longer side straps (just the bits from the mounting bolt to the buckle) - these are now great, really easy to adjust.

So you need to consider how far forward you sit and what lengths of straps will work for you, pretty sure Titon or Luke will make them however you want them.

"Car 1" sounds like my problem. The seat is all the way forward and the adjusters are literally just in front of the seat sides. Combined with worn material they're hard to adjust.

I like the idea of the reverse adjusters coming from the center, I'm almost sure they'll sort out the problem!

How come its ok for Eugene co owner of 7 DNA with Carl from 7 bits or what ever, to promote his business partners special offer. I think this is underhanded and must class as advertising. If you read the other thread on 7 DNA you will quickly come to your own conclusions.

I have absolutely no business links with 7 Speed (or any other company come to that - just Light Illusion, my own company, which has no association with anything 7 related).

As for the owner of 7-DNA, I guess that is me as I have personally financed it (to the tune of about £30 quid - as that's all it costs!!!).

7 Speed have an offer in Titon harnesses, which I personally thought would be of interest to other 7 owners...

There is no commercial benefit for me, or 7-DNA as it IS NON-COMMERCIAL (how many times has that been said?).

Bottom line, many special offers are highlighted for other 7 Club members on this forum, and this is just one more.

If you don't want to know about such offers, just ignore them???

*confused*

Oh, and if ANY other suppliers of 7 related stuff wants to directly advertise on 7-DNA, they can!

As it is non-commercial, there are no restrictions at all on direct advertising/selling.

So if you have a 'special' deal for other 7 owners, let us all know about it!

😬

Oh come one, someone asked about harnesses, Eugene said what he thought were good harnesses and pointed out that Carl had an offer on them. What's the problem with that? Let's not get like some other forums where the moment anyone posts the name of a company or mentions some sort of deal it's imediately jumped on as advertising. If, and I repeat, if Carl had some sort of input into 7-DNA I really don't see why that should prevent Eugene from mentioning the deal.

So 7 DNA is not you and Carl? You have not set this web site up together? You have no connection with Carl.

yes or no

I have done all the work on 7-DNA myself, with no help from anyone else...

Carl and other Le BOG Club members have 'moderation' capability, as they were the first users, and as that is a job for more than one person - and other people have been, and will be, asked to help too if/as the forum grows. 😬

The forum is NON-COMMERCIAL so what's the relevance to such questions anyway. *confused*

Carl, and others, are helping with the generation of 'items' to be sold at cost to any forum participants - and the t-shirts/polo shirts are the first of such participant benefits...

We are working on making it so that the final purchasers can directly order them, in the style they want (using the artwork I have personally designed), even with user additions, such as forum user name, and with/without URL, etc.

I have even added a 'Clams' silhouette logo as I was asked about that, and am working on an S4 version now.

What more can I say???

Some people really are reading a lot into something that is just a bit of fun for me and the others involved!

*confused* *confused* *confused*

Edited by - Eugene on 6 Aug 2013 22:32:27