Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brooklands/Aeroscreens Wing Mirrors

Casbar

Just got hold of some Brooklands, so now thinking about wing mirrors. I already have a couple of SPA Formula ones on my doors and intended to just swap them over to the Brooklands stanchion.

Spoke to a couple of mates who have Brooklands/Aero's and they said they purchased longer arms for the SPA mirrors from SPA. I rang SPA, and they said they didn't do longer arms, as the mirrors are meant for racing cars 🙆🏻

So the question is:

What mirrors do you guys use, and if you use standard SPA ones, can you see out of them without the extension arms? *cool*

Rob,

Try Ian Maple at SPA (01827 288328), this is the guy I was talking to at the Autosport show the other year. He sold me a different height central mount. I know for sure that Kevin bought some longer arms for his side mirrors from them.

Ian

HPC150

ian_balson@yahoo.co.uk

Rob,

Give Kevin a call, I suspect he may have just what you're after in his garage. Now that he's attached his mirrors directly to his Carbon JPE screen, he's re-fitted the old shorter mirror arms. So he probably has the longer arms spare.

Ian

Update - Don't bother calling Kevin, Skips got them !!

HPC150

ian_balson@yahoo.co.uk

Edited by - ian balson on 26 Nov 2002 10:55:21

Skip.

Thats the same numbers that was on my Demon T bill, so they must be the same.

Perhaps I ended up with the office dunce when I phoned SPC. If the standard arms do the job, I'll stick with them.

Martin,

I like wing mirrors, so I can look at your face, when I go storming past *cool*

The convex spa ones are fine.....they just take some getting used to. I have found that if you set them so the ends tilt up a little you can see a bit more. But you still don't get that "way back down the road" view you get from ordinary mirrors, so are a bit of pain on motorways. But my view is, if are aren't going to hit them....who cares about seeing them anyway *smile*

• Leadership Team

Eh! I bought some longer arms from them only last week. Steve was the guy to speak to if I remember propoerly. They'r £8 ish each, and only about 4.5cm higher, but it does appear to make quite a difference.

Call them back!

Michael.

Hi Casbar and Paul

I fitted my Brooklands to the stanchion using set screws and nuts. I countersunk the set screws into the stanchion. The wing mirrors are Lucus classics. These have a bolt built into the base which I cut off. Then I drilled and tapped the base to take set screws. These are also countersunk into the underside of the stanchion. Its best to use a slightly too small drill. There is a full write up in the 7nslist archives with bolt, drill and tap sizes. The place I bought them from no longer exists but these look the same. here. I tried a couple of Chrome centre mirrors fine on the road but not really very good for the track. So I ended up with a big black SPA centre mirror. Still looking on and off for a good chrome equivalent to the SPA.

I would say the wing mirrors are fine as wing mirrors but I would not like to rely on just them.

I changed the scuttle at the same time and left it just alli so the whole thing looks the same.

Send you a photo if you like?

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension. Q 979 CGY