Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-Series Dry sump (complete kit)

SUPERLIGHT91

Kind of you Jack thanks, but I'm holding out for a 'complete' kit as there are so many components to it, I missed an engine with dry sump fitted for £600 a few months ago, and that would be ideal (Caterham want £2k to put the kit togehter new, and for £600-£1000 its worth stripping it off a damaged engine and seeing what else I can salvage to build up a shelf of spares to keep the K going into the *wink* future)

I spoke to Caterham last week about the K series dry sump kit as it's my top job for this winter. They said they could still do the kit for £1500 though, so I'm confused that they told you it would be £2k. Maybe we should seek some clarification on the pricing?

I recall when the kit was under £1000 from Caterham 10 years ago. I started looking into it again Jan 2012 when my car went into them for some work and was quoted £2k+fitting+VAT for the complete kit. Its not urgent though and I doubt I'd buy new (even at £1500+), so just playing a waiting game to find someone scrapping a complete K-series engine with the whole kit on it and I'll strip and covert as a winter project as/when I find someone.