Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Best Starter for 1.8K?

SUPERLIGHT91

I may well change the starter on my brother's K (a legacy of starting issues when hot still, and I should fix it for him as I sold him the car :o)

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a trouble-free life since upgrading to any particular make/model of after-market competition starter motor for instance.

thanks

Brise - Great starter, never failed to start the car hot or cold but...........everytime it was used it activated my immobiliser (5AS) so I had to disable the immobiliser (could do this because its function can be switched off in an Emerald management system).

Have just reverted back to the standard Skoda starter having replaced the solenoid (bought from Brise!) which is now operating fine, also the immobiser can now operate properly. Might have been a rougue Brise which pulled too much current as others have not experienced this issue.

Brice it is then. I have a couple more tests with a diverted wiring and later higher ampage Banner battery to do next week, and if the problem persists I'll pick up a Brice unit for it from Dartford. Thanks for all your advice and interesting to hear about the Skoka part, I'd not heard of that being used before. Thanks

Another *thumbup* for Brise.

No problems since fitting last spring o n my 1.4K SS 😬

I phoned them direct and got a discounted price which he offered even before I said I was a club member! Shipped to home address very quickly.