Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A new member introduction page

TobyCoulson

How about a page where new members can say hello. Chitchat can be a bit daunting for first timers and they may be unwilling to post there. An introduction page would enable them to make themselves known without it getting lost in the usual fare found on chitchat.

This is sensible. Welcoming new members is important, and done well on BC. But at the moment it depends on the new member kicking it off in a multipurpose area.

In general I think we'd be slightly better off with a few more defined areas, and a lot better off with something that made it easier to search, find and add to an existing thread rather than start a new one.

Jonathan

• Area Representative
I think, after consideration, I would prefer that they introduce themselves in Chitchat. However, the really positive outcome from this sensible thought is that in my next "welcome to London (West) and Middlesex Area" phone call or e-mail, I shall suggest that they do introduce themselves.

I think every other forum bar this one that I belong to has an page solely for introducing yourself. Seems to work very well.

It could also be a help to ARs to introduce themselves and the area they look after without having to wade through Chitchat to find new members.

Edited by - TobyCoulson on 11 Jun 2013 07:02:22