Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting boot cover

TBKBABABTIM

• Area Representative

You used to remove the strip to make it easier to drill it and then punch holes through the vinyl to make a neat hole. If you leave the strip in place, the vinyl starts to look tatty as the drill is rubbing on it for some long whilst you drill the metal.

You can easily remove the strip and fit the cover to the car without it which is slightly neater as the vinyl fits better over the raised holes for the harnesses

HTH

Nick

• Area Representative

I just fitted my boot cover this weekend. I left the metal strip in (I have 4 point harness) and drilled through it for the harness bolts. I think it makes a neat job and seems to give the front of the boot cover a nice solid looking edge. I also just riveted the additional tonneau fixings to the metal strip rather than drilling and screwing. As a complete numpty I think it doesn't look too bad.

Only problem I have now is to sort out the poppers on the Boot cover because stupidly I forgot to fix the hoodsticks in first. With the hoodsticks now fitted the poppers are all about 20mm too short. Going to be an expensive mistake I feel D'oh !!!!!!

• Area Representative

Thanks Jonathan, yes it'll probably do for use with a half hood. I had thought about getting one instead of musing the full CC supplied hood. The Boot cover does overlap the rear wings a bit but doesn't look too bad, probably better than holes left behind after removing the incorrectly placed poppers 😳.

I haven't fitted the doors yet as the manual suggests these need to be lined up with the roof, would it be the same approach if using only a half hood ?

I haven't fitted the doors yet as the manual suggests these need to be lined up with the roof, would it be the same approach if using only a half hood ?
I would say yes. If you hang the doors too low, you run the risk of rain and spray getting in over the top. (Don't ask me how I know this *redface*.)

JV