Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kumhos tyres - Not necessarily 7

Jimbo

Does any body know anything about Kumhos tyres?

I'm looking for 245/50x16 tyres which seems a rare size in the UK. George Polley can provide me with Kumhos. Thats a lot of rubber for the 75quid (plus Vat) price, but almost seems too cheap. Did I really say that *confused*.

Any advice greatfully received.

Jim.

Jimbo, there's millions of Kumho tyres on vehicles here in N.Z., I had some very ordinary 165.80x14 on my old dunger, and found them more than adequate, but as for the type of profile your talking and the envisaged use, may not be out there with the Yokohamas and Avons, value for money and ease of purchase in these parts make them more popular than Goodyear, Dunlop, Michelin, many of which are made in the far east under lincense, so as with a lot of motoring quandaries, you pays your money, and take a risk, no that can't be right, but for sure heaps of high performance Jap cars would be running Kumho tyres here. Nigel.

Just noticed I'm now in my anorak, and here it is getting in to summer, just my luck.

Edited by - nigelriches on 23 Nov 2002 09:02:07

A friend of mine Won the Southeast regionals autocross running Kumho V700 victoracers. Great tyres and cheap but IMHO too sticky for the street, lots of stones will fly and they heat very rapidly. On the street he runs Falken Azenis 205/50/15 at $63 a corner very good too but IMHO not as good as the advan A032 Yokos but again at that price.....

Joe