Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which seat to have?!

viperbl

How much do you want to spend? 😬 Talk to Steve Tillett - he can make pretty much anything you want if you'd like something a bit less standard.

The 'R500' race seat is very comfortable. I have the boggo GRP ones, and love them. The carbon-kevlar are even more comfortable (and expensive). Personally I'd avoid anything with more than a bit of student accommodation carpet on it, it's too heavy, and if you're lucky enough to fit in a Tillett (you must be as you're considering one *wink*) then they are comfy enough without much on them. Though the leather pads you can get from Oxted are rather luxurious... Personally I don't think you can go wrong with a Tillett.

Can you get to a meet to try everything out?

Thank myothercarsa2cv ,

Well, I recon around the £500 mark from what I can see, not bothered about spending the extra for carbon-kevlar which pretty much means any of the above in GRP ...

This is the problem, I live on the old Isle of Man! In saying that tho, we have no limits coming up so I just stick my good old leather roadsport seat in and see what exotics turn up to test! 😬

Thanks for your comments guys, Which tillets do you have aeroscreens?

I see the B4 are more of reclined driving position than the B6 so defiantly different seats ... I also have the flat floor put in the car so suspect I might be quite low down!

Mine looks like the R500 one ( standard fare from Caterham I guess )

I used some Neoprene self adhesive foam to form pads for each seat. Found it helps to keep a barrier between you and the cold GRP *smile*

Cheap to do and turned out not too bad, well passenger side is better than the drivers if I'm honest , but had the hang of how to do it by the second one.

I find the tillets very comfortable.