Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VW Touran 2.0TDI DSG '04 7 Seat + Tow Bar - Now *SOLD* on eBay

revilla

I'm selling the family people carrier - or what my two-year-old little girl calls "bus-car" (as opposed "roary-car" for the Seven). Plenty of torque and a tow bar, so just wondering if it might be of interest to anyone on here who tows the Seven around to events?

Ideal spacious family car with 7 seats (or 5 seats and a large boot). 5 Door Estate, Grey, Diesel, Automatic. 2 previous owner(s), 12 months MOT, 7 months road tax, full service history, good condition, non-smoker, cloth interior, heated front seats, electric windows and mirrors, climate control, 16" alloy wheels, power steering, cruise control, traction control, ABS braking system, front airbags, child locks and isofix system, rear parking sensors, alarm, central locking, CD/radio. £4,995

Photographs and info on Pistonheads here.

Edited by - revilla on 21 May 2013 11:37:11

Edited by - revilla on 31 May 2013 14:01:54

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had an Espace or any other "people-carrier" so I can't really offer you an intelligent comparison. Only selling as intending to replace with a newer one of the same.

Upsides: Done several decent length trips with all 7 seats occupied, even the adult "boot" passengers reported it as being comfortable. With boot seats down, massive boot. Smooth torquey diesel engine giving in my experience over 45mpg.

Downsides: I believe in some other similar cars the rear/middle seats fold completely flush with the floor effectively transforming it into a van; in the Touran the seat backs fold down but not flush, leaving a step which may limit use for large loads (was never a problem for us though). The only other thing is that ours had the DSG gearbox. I hear if these do fail outside of warranty they can put a sizeable hole in your wallet (a point made to me by more than one potential buyer), and their reliability reputation is not good. Same can be said about the dual mass flywheel that goes with the system. All I can say is that when they do work, they are nice to drive! Will probably get a manual next time around after all I have heard. Gives you something to do on long drives anyway *smile*

As for options, as I say not really got much experience of others so hard to say but ours had heated seats (never used them, made me feel sick), tow bar (never used it), rear parking sensors (I did find these useful as its otherwise easy to forget that it's bulkier around the back end than other cars). Mine didn't have bluetooth phone prep so I had to replace the stereo with an aftermarket Panasonic that included phone support, but it was a 2004 car so not really surprising, worth checking though.

Overall a very nice family car for lugging our two little ones and all their kit around in. Will happily have another one and other than the above can't think of any reason to warn you off it.