Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Is there a better sight than Amazon

Mrs Mav

Thanks Noger 😬 *wink* It looks great, you now know what i will be doing tomorrow evening *wink* *wink* *wink*

If people have any more advice it would be greatly appreciated *smile* I will try to not be so serious next time i visit the bike sheds *thumbup* *thumbup*

Viv

☹️ ☹️

FH - yes, it is still there, I think you are talking about Stamfords (hence the web address earlier).

It is absolutely the best place for map fans....and I thought I was one of the few *smile*

Whilst in Istanbul recently we picked up some maps in Arabic, no idea where they are depicting, but are excellent art.

Cartophilia Rules *wink*

😬

I remember working out sections, using a ruler and a bit of string 😳 Turning a flat piece of paper with brown squiggles all over it, into something that was recognisable, never ceased to amaze me. Kids today don't know what they're missing *wink*

FH

Hi sorry to disturb everybody again, but can anyone recomend a good little guide book for places such as Borneo and also Brunei 🤔 🤔 🤔 Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you 😬 😬 😬

Cheers everyone you're great *wink*

Viv

*smile* *smile*

Don't talk to me about maps...I managed to get hold of a number of BGS maps for various locations around the UK...haven't seen Alex since ☹️

Miss Mav - don't know of anywhere, but will check Heffers and similar places in Cambridge for you!

*wink*

Rach

My guess is you are not after the Lonley Planet/Rough Guide end of the guide spectrum ?

For a more glossy guide try either the Fodors or Insight guides to Indonesia, we have a Fodors from 1990 - but I doubt it will be much use now *smile*

These are more geared to the traveller who is going to bathe at least once a day...and not get their hair braided *tongue*