Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Breaklights fuseing

jonsharland

On my Classic old style with webers - vx1.6

my break lights keep blowing the fuse - got through 3 last weekend. In this weather this can be a hazard.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what / where this problem could be - has anybody else seen this problem

Thanks

Jon

☹️

There was a thread on this a couple of months ago, somewhere in TechTalk I think.

This happened to me too - it turned out that the seal on the light cluster had failed and the case was half full of water, so shorting the bulbs!

Ewen Malloch

P979TMV - Yellow 1.6 K Series

Another option - if the car's the same as vx academy spec cars then the brake lights share a fuse with the reversing light. It possible that the transmission tunnel has been pushed in against the reverse switch on the gearbox (R500 style seats tend to do this), wearing the insulation through on the wires and shorting it out against the tunnel intermittently.

HTH

Stuart

This may sound daft but check behind the dash for loose instrument lights. I had a spate of fuse-blowing (albeit not the brakes) caused by a loose bulb shorting out a circuit.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings.

Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ but is being fixed *thumbup* *smile*

Fuse blowing on mine was also due to instrument light holder whcih had come out of socket and was shorting to earth - try th eone by the ignition/steering lock

(though from the other replies it looks as if just about anything can cause this fuse to blow)

Dave.

vcmjgf;gfnvfgvfk,fdnflfd - my daughter wanted to finish off for me !!