Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall XE engine parts

SCRIMBLE 3

Hi

I am in need of a Caterham alloy dry sump pan for my Vauxhall XE engine, plus I need a Caterham scavenge pump, any one know if they may have such items tucked away in your garage, for sale ?????

If so please let me know as my engine is in bits at Northampton Motor Sport and I am trying to reduce the overall cost that will be looming rapidly.

Thanks Peter *confused* *confused* *confused*

Quoting ECR: 
See my post in chitchat ....

Could you link your post or tell the OP the thread title, as your reply seems a bit cryptic (I couldn't find a relevant thread, for this topic, started by you in the last 5 days.

/Edit Found it. 5th post on the 2nd page of this thread: http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=228449

/Edit2 Is it possible to link to specific posts, i.e. the post number in the thread, on this forum?

Edited by - keybaud on 20 Apr 2013 10:32:29

As said in the chitchat post, the VX dry sump pans aren't made anymore. I bought a second hand repaired pan as a spare. It had been badly damaged with a large fin section missing but it had been welded and looks a decent oil tight job so worth me getting as a spare.

worth checking if yours could be welded/repaired.

Thanks all...

Re the sump, it can be re welded, the numerous welds it appears to have had over the years, tells a tale in its self, ☹️ I just thought that with all the other work I am having if I could get a better one great ...I will ask NMS to get it rewelded, and thanks for the Titan tip on the scavenge pump ( ECR ) .

But if any one has a sump or knows some one I would still be interested to buy, the sump will not be required for a few weeks yet !! *wavey*