Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Best jack

PC Pete

I'm thinking about a new jack, as I also get fed up with rolling the car onto planks of wood.

Does anyone know if both the Warrior and ITC jacks have removeable handles? It's not clear from the ads.

Oz.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, just to bring this up to date, I ordered the jack linked to in my post above, one of these, ordered Friday afternoon, arrived yesterday.

First impressions are very good, it is well made, gets under the 7 with ease, and lifts higher than I would be comfortable working under on 4 axle stands. It is quite sizeable (I'm not sure you could fit it in the 7 for taking to track days very easily, it definitely wont go in the boot). But for use in the garage it appears ideal. It has a 2-piece detachable handle (it must be 4 foot long in total) that locks into the lifting point and also acts as the lock/unlock mechanism via a simple twist of the handle. The bottom of the handle is also padded to stop it damaging the car whilst lifting.

This is all only based on a quick 5 minute trial last night but for £106 delivered I am happy so far with the purchase.

Graham.

Hi - just seen Grahams post which reminded me to do likewise. I bought the same Warrior jack last week. I works a treat and they were a good company to deal with. Hadn't thought about putting it in the boot - it would be rather a tight squeeze I suspect. (I tow my 7 to trackdays so hopefully it will go in the other car OK.) Now all I need is my car to start (it won't despite trying everything) pass the IVA and get a set of number plates!

Thanks for all of the input on this topic.