Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R400 k series - bad to worse

pandjack

My thoughts initially No Limits, but whilst it's running, it's not quite itself - rough/unwillingness to idle, pops/bangs on overrun, but actually pulls like a train under power. I would have suspected a loose connection/dry joint to be a bit more 'all or nothing' ??

Sounds like it is over fuelling. You need to think about how the ecu decides how much fuel to inject: air temperature and pressure, coolant temperature, engine speed, throttle position. I would start with the throttle position as this sensor (TPS) is often troublesome. Somewhere in the archives will tell you what the max & min voltage outputs should be (normally 0-5v). I'd start by testing this...

SORTED : Diag on the RR revealed combination of roller barrels being badly out of balance (don't know why/how), throttle pot resistance being on full throttle (ditto) & 2 injectors badly contaminated with oil (the one thing I can understand given the co-incidence of the oil over-fill).

Re-balance + re set-up + re-map (see cam timing with verniers post) = cookin' on gas!!! *biggrin*