Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Comp Sec 2014

Simon.Rogers1

As you know I will be stepping down from the Comp Sec role at the end of the year.

You are also probably aware that Rob Jacobs, Shaun Elwell and Matthew Willoughby all volunteered for the job.

At last weekends Management Team meeting we appointed the "Chosen One" 😬

We all hope that as I had support from Mark, in the future all of us will be able to support the new encumbent.

Yes Yes I am dragging it out *wink*

Its going to be a tough few years with dwindling numbers. We have some ideas and are already discussing them.

So Congratulations are in order for........

Matthew Willoughby *thumbup*

Simon thank you for your hard work over this and previous seasons, stepping down does mean you have to reset to class 1 and work your way back up again :-)

Matt, congratulations, think they have definitely chosen the right man for the job. Hopefully you will be as understanding with my scoring errors as Simon has been.

Matt good luck in the new post. I believe that this should mean you will win your class and overall championship in 2014. Just look at the stats

Adrian Williams ex gen sec

Mark D ex chair and comp sec

Simon comp sec

me ex regalia

Lynn Ladies champion

Simon

thanks for your hard work and continuing to move the championship forward.

David

Matt *thumbup*

Could I also add my thanks and appreciation to Simon for doing such a good job over the last few years as Competition Secretary.

Sadly I wont be in the UK much this year but I hope to rejoin the Speed Championship in 2014 - taking my rightful place in propping up Class 4.

GrahamV