Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR 260 for sale

paul jacobs

Well, after owning it since it was new in 2006, I have sadly decided to sell my factory spec. CSR 260.

I have developed an interesting and useful spec. over the years, which will be long, but hopefully interesting.

It is fitted with a factory spec. Cosworth 260bhp 2.3 Duratec motor, with a Caterham bellhousing tank dry sump, and roller throttle bodies.

Brian Hill, of BGH Geartec, built a heavy duty 5 speed gearbox with long 1st and 2nd gears, in a Quaife all alloy casing with drain and filling plugs.

The 3.3 limited slip diff. has been set up by Road & Race & supplied by Caterham when the car was new. Both the gearbox and diff.are totally quiet and inaudable at all times!

Colour matched double diagonally braced competition rollover bar.

Odyssey PVR25 gel battery in the correct ali. cage.

The car has 4 pot calipers and double rotors on the front.

Naturally it has full weather equipment, 5 point drivers seat belt and 4 point passenger.

Leather 'S' type seats with vastly improved lumbar support.

Heater with 4 outlets.

Quick realease 11" Racetec leather steering wheel.

Flat dash with Stack instrument module.

Low noise silencer with interchangable Cat bypass pipe.

A very useful full width parcel shelf - yes a parcel shelf mainly for gloves, glasses etc.plus elasticated passenger map pocket

The car is silver with a full black pack, black front CSR wings and yellow nose band and rear wings with wraparound Millwood carbon stone guards.

Keyless ignition and immobiliser, and removable big red key battery isolater.

5.75" headlights on lowered brackets-improves the whole look of the car from the front.

Clear front indicators, hidden reversing light and removable fog light.

Increased ground clearance under the sump.

Uprated 'windtone' horns. [Note: not airhorns].

Sidescreens with Caterham 'armrests'.

The cockpit is fully carpeted with yellow leather inserts around gearlever & handbrake.

Fully carpeted boot, including the sides.

The car has only been used for touring by a 'mature' [well old enough for a bus pass anyway!] RoSPA trained driver. Naturally no accidents to date.

I feel in view of the high specification, around £31,500 must be a fair price.

Pictures on Pistonheads now.

Anyone interested?

Paul.

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 10 Apr 2013 13:05:33

Edited by - paul jacobs on 12 Apr 2013 23:12:05

Not yet, all I have are fuzzy snaps taken over the years, I'm just waiting for a sunny day and I'll get some done and put it on Pistonheads, although, if anyone is desperate to see what it looks like, just BM me and I can whizz a few of the pix over to you.

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 9 Apr 2013 19:48:27

Another 21 would be nice Stephen, but even I had to admit that after 5 years of ownership, mine had a couple of small compromises that i might find difficult to live with again. *redface*

Have a quick look on Pistonheads under the Caterhams for sale section, and you may see an unusual CSR, which I may decide to keep now, although if I managed to sell both, Millwoods have a CSR which would be mighty tempting if the price came down a tad.