Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Protecting your bottom!?

Mr Locust

With the impending arrival of a roadsport kit; 😬

1. Is the underside of the floor painted?

2. If so has anyone painted/undersealed/rubberlife coated?

In the old Locust some of the most fun was on wet roads *wink* so none of those arguments about only going out when it's sunny / no windscreens / no hoods 😬

The underside comes as bare alluminium.

I thoroughly Waxoyl'd the chassis and transmission tunnel and will add dabs to any places where steel bolts etc come through the floor (such as the seat mountings) but did not worry too much about the actual underside itself.

Bruce

The underside will fall off long before it corrodes. I'm having to rivet mine back on as I appear to have worn the rivet heads off holding the floor on at the rear.

Hoopy, any chance of a visit to your parent's place in the new year?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

When I built my 7 I put the body/chassis carefully on its side polished the underside and then sprayed it with a clear automotive laquer (the type you use with two-part metallic finishes) this has protected the ali very well, with the advantage of being able to easily check the condition of the ali for wear and tear. Sad I know, but I can still see my face in the aluminium after 30.000 miles.